Saab brings to India a wide portfolio of cutting-edge technologies and systems, across the Land, Sea, Air and Civil domains.
Saab’s maritime portfolio covers the air, surface, underwater and coastal security domains that provide Naval and Coast Guard forces complete command over the sea.
Saab can support India’s operational needs with solutions for:
- Surface and sub-surface marine platform design & construction
- Surface Warfare (Surveillance & Reconnaissance, Decision Support, Precision Engagement, Force Protection)
- Anti-Submarine Warfare (Surveillance & Reconnaissance, Decision Support, Precision Engagement)
- Air Warfare (Surveillance & Reconnaissance, Decision Support, Precision Engagement, Force Protection)
- Mine Warfare (Mine Reconnaissance, Mine Hunting, Mine Countermeasures)
- Maritime Surveillance (Maritime Patrol and support aircraft suitably equipped for surveillance and SAR) Coastal and Harbour Security
Saab’s RBS 70 NG, HARD, BAMSE SRSAM, GIRAFFE AMB, Carl Gustaf Weapons systems along with several others can enable a modern fighting force to become light, lethal and wired to meet the operational challenges of the 21st century. The first imperative for land forces in developing a combat strategy is to ensure coherence between battle space, security dynamics and cost for waging the battle. Saab is known for supplying not just advanced military and defence equipment to the world but also ensuring that the costs involved are low. Saab provides full support and ensures that the life cycle cost of its products and solutions are not a burden on the stakeholder’s pockets.
With a legacy based on credibility, Saab has extensive experience in supporting ground forces with solutions designed for enhanced operational capabilities and a higher level of effectiveness.
Saab has a broad portfolio across the Air domain, ranging from fighter aircraft and surveillance solutions to Commercial Aeronautics and Air Traffic Management systems. Gripen is a true multi-role fighter aircraft, capable of performing an extensive range of air-to-air, air-to-surface and reconnaissance missions employing the latest weapons. Using the latest technology, it is designed to meet the demands of existing and future threats, while simultaneously meeting strict requirements for flight safety, reliability, training efficiency and low operating costs.