What you will be a part of
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and traffic management systems.
The EW Systems business unit provides world class signal intelligence systems and self protection systems for next generation Gripen and Globaleye. We are now looking for a skilled and high performing leader to head up our newly formed department, Signal Processing.
You will be responsible for "The Signal Processing Department", a new department created recently with four sections to support the EW business growth. You will lead teams with highly skilled engineers, experts and managers organized in the following sections :
- Systems Architecture
- Signal Processing Software
- Digital Processing Software
- Digital Processing Firmware
We believe that our cooperative working culture and the EW spirit is the foundation to our success and contribution to Saab. You will report to the Head of the EW Engineering and be a part of a high performing and integrated management team. You will be located in Järfälla with occasional travelling
As the Department Manager of Signal Processing you will lead the department and reach the EW Business unit goals by:
- Secure the right competence, expertise and balancing number of staff over time.
- If necessary, build and lead distributed- and global teams.
- Taking an active role in the projects steering groups and engineering management team.
- Implementing an efficient way of working to secure time to market.
- Develop the products according to the strategies and plans from the Product Areas
- Maintain an innovative climate with reuse of technology
- Networking internally and externally to share experiences and bring in new ideas.
- Drive improvements and leading change.
Your skills and experience
To be successful in this role we believe that you have the following qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent working experience
- Leadership experience with 5-10 years experience in project management and/or line management.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills and the ability to work effectively
- Documented inclusive leadership, which embraces diversity
- Documented expertise in leading teams and deliver results through other leaders
- A reliable team player with good communications skills
- Ability to set clear goals and the strategies for reaching them
- Ability to work with all other department heads and to build your own strong management team
- Strong decision making ability, leadership skills, and supervisory skills
- Ability to delegate tasks and manage their completion
- Fluent in English and experience from working in an international business environment
The position entails working with classified information and therefore you are required to participate and get accepted in a security test conducted by the Authority.
Interviews will be conducted before last date of application so don't wait, apply now!