What you will be a part of
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and traffic management systems.
The EW Systems business unit provides world class signal intelligence systems and self protection systems for next generation Gripen and Globaleye. We are now looking for a skilled and encouraging leader to head up our newly formed Digital Processing Firmware section.
The Digital Processing Firmware section consists of highly skilled engineers, primarily focused on firmware development for our products. Many of the engineers have extensive knowledge in RF design and signal processing. Our development is done by teams in a modern, agile fashion with distributed responsibilities and high efficiency. Our toolchain ties planning, issue tracking, source control and build system together in a tight loop. We are moving towards a DevOps organisation and we believe our cooperative working culture, the EW Spirit, is the foundation to our success and contribution to Saab.
You will join a great management team and report to the head of the Signal Processing department. You will be located in Järfälla with the occasional travelling.
As manager for Digital Processing Firmware, we believe you will help us to further improve our organisation and products with the following responsibilities:
- Firmware development process
- Maintain an innovative climate with reuse of technology for new applications
- Roadmap for firmware development components
- Health and safety of the workforce
- Ensure that your staff has the competence and confidence to handle current and future work
- Recruit and introduce new employees
- Network internally and externally to share experiences and bring in new ideas
Drive improvements and help us move towards a DevOps organisation.
Your skills and experience
To be successful in this role we beleieve you have the following qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline or the equivalent working experience
- Leadership experience with a background in software engineering and firmware development
- A reliable team player with good communications skills
- Experience from agile planning and development
- Ability to set clear goals and the strategies for reaching them
- Ability to set up and lead local and remote development teams in a global context
- Fluent in English and experience from working in an international business environment
- Experience from RF engineering, signal processing and system-on-chip solutions is meritorious
- Experience from devops change management is meritorious
The position entails working with classified information and therefore you are required to participate and get accept in a security test conducted by the Authority.
Interviews will be conducted before last date of application so don't wait, apply now!
Senast uppdaterad: 06 september 2017 • 15:04