After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we are proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. With a proven capability of providing high technology solutions to our defence and security customers, we are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
At Saab Australia, we develop everything from combat, communications and security systems to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. If a career designing, developing and integrating high-end systems for a world-class technology organisation sounds like you, then you have come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
As part of our Maritime group, you will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s 9LV combat system / combat management system across the full RAN surface fleet.
The Hardware Engineer - Electronic/Electrical/Mechanical will design, develop, document and test a wide range of electronic, electrical and electro-mechanical equipment within the Hardware Engineering Team. In particular, the Hardware Engineer will be responsible for further strengthening the combat systems the Royal Australian Navy uses at sea.
The successful candidate will:
- Research and develop products from requirements gathering to initial and detailed design
- Ensure electronic/electrical/mechanical hardware design, prototyping and testing is adequately documented according to the appropriate standards
- Ensure that products and services meet all customer needs as well as Saab’s schedule, cost and quality
- Safeguard the integrity of the engineering processes by following the defined processes
- Support the integration and on site testing of assigned components.
- Ensure all applicable standards and QA procedures are followed to ensure regulatory compliance.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Formal tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (e.g. Electrical/Electronic/Mechatronic/Mechanical)
- Designing and developing electronic/electrical hardware systems
- At least 3 years Industry experience
- Demonstrated experience with design for manufacturing
- Experience with IT Equipment, military standards, ruggedized equipment would be highly regarded
- Understanding of the life-cycles of small to medium sized electronic/electrical hardware defence projects
- Understanding of Configuration Management and Quality requirements (as required by ISO 9001).
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We strongly value the contributions made by our employees and in return offer a range of health and wellness programs, incentives for professional and personal development and an industry-leading benefits package. By joining Saab Australia, you will experience a consciously supportive and collaborative culture, where we actively promote flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.