What you will be part of
As part of the Saab Graduate Leadership Program, you will participate in an international program that is uniquely designed to boost your career as well as provide you with the right toolbox to develop as a leader. From day one, you will be appointed to a position at one of Saab’s sites worldwide.
This position on the program will be based at Saab Australia’s head office in Adelaide, South Australia. Sitting within the Maritime line of business, you will be part of the Combat Systems Engineering (CSE) Group which is responsible for achieving common Combat System solutions based upon Saab's 9LV Combat Management System through the application of a coordinated Systems Engineering effort across all Maritime projects.
The core objectives of the CSE Group are to deliver efficiently seeking engineering synergies typically based upon common capabilities or equipment between platforms and developing organisational capabilities and capacity in key competencies.
During the program, you will get the opportunity to acquire an overall understanding of the company that will prepare you for an exciting future together with us. Your development will be aligned with Saab’s business goals and the program will enable you to contribute to our business and take part in actual projects. As a Combat Systems Engineer within the CSE Group, you will:
- Perform CS sub-system requirements analysis, including the evaluation of equipment/product compliance to these requirements.
- Review and evaluation of equipment/product technical documentation, including supporting the review of specific documentation relating to Safety, Technical Publications and Training.
- Prepare the technical scope of work for the acquisition of CS equipment.
- Provide technical support to the contracting, acquisition and acceptance of CS equipment.
- Prepare and/or review System and Platform Interface specifications and data packs, including participation at Interface Control Working Groups.
- Participate in Combat System design activities and reviews.
- Review and/or support the preparation of CS test specifications, including those required for Preliminary Interface Testing and System Integration Testing.
- Support test conduct and reporting.
- Support the acceptance of the assigned capability/system/product.
- Specify and manage change to the Engineering Baselines for assigned capability/system/product.
- Over a period of time, act as the technical Subject-Matter Expert for the assigned capability/system/product.
Please contact Daniela Flamminio for a copy of the full position description.
Your skills and experience
As we are looking for future leaders, you need to have a genuine interest in people. You understand that collaboration and curiosity are essential success factors for a business to grow and for people to thrive at their workplace. You are flexible, humble and spread positive energy. You have an overall business understanding, possess a strategic thinking and deliver excellent results. Your motivation and commitment help you, and people around you, to perform on a daily basis.
You will also have:
- Recently completed tertiary qualifications in systems engineering, electronic/electrical engineering, computer systems engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Sound problem solving skills.
- Well-developed decision making skills.
- Exposure to Systems Engineering and Development (Desirable)
An Australian Department of Defence security clearance to Negative Vetting Level 1 is required.
Click ‘Apply for this job’ to submit your application by 7 January 2019.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.