After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we are proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. With a proven capability of providing high technology solutions to our defence and security customers, we are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
At Saab Australia, we develop everything from combat, communications and security systems to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. If a career designing, developing and integrating high-end systems for a world-class technology organisation sounds like you, then you have come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
As part of our Maritime group, the 9LV Software Integration Team Leader will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s 9LV combat system / combat management system across the full RAN surface fleet, including the ANZAC class frigates, new Arafura class offshore patrol vessels and supply class replenishment ships. Saab will also leverage their Combat Management System experience in the development of the Australian interface to the Aegis system for the Hunter class frigates and the Hobart class destroyers.
Within this context, the 9LV Software Integration Team Leader will be responsible for the planning and technical coordination of their team to meet objectives of multiple projects under the guidance of the 9LV Senior Software Integration Team Lead.
- Discuss and agree upon the software scope, design and implementation for 9LV CMS
- Prepare, monitor and revise software development estimates and forecasts
- Lead, coordinate and guide the team on 9LV software development and associated artefacts
- Deliver the 9LV software to the agreed scope, quality and cost
- Resolve problem reports allocated to the Integration team
- Coach, lead and guide software team members
- Actively manage team members’ performance, setting performance-oriented goals and providing regular feedback.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Software integration
- Tertiary qualifications in systems engineering, computer science, or related technical discipline
- Development of large software projects
- Producing and reviewing technical documentation
- Interpretation and application of software standards
- The products, development environment and tools used to develop and support the software
- An understanding of the full software engineering lifecycle.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We strongly value the contributions made by our employees and in return offer a range of health & wellness programs, incentives for professional and personal development and an industry-leading benefits package. By joining Saab Australia, you will experience a consciously supportive and collaborative culture, where we actively promote flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by 1 March 2020. You may contact our careers team for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.