What you will be part of
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC (SDAS) provides solutions and technology that are at the core of defense and homeland security. SDAS is headquartered in Syracuse, NY and is comprised of four business units in various locations in the United States. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented Accounting & Billing Specialist, to contribute as an integral part of the Corporate Finance team in Syracuse, NY.
- Read and interpret customer contracts for relevant billing information in order to process and customize accurate customer invoices for all business divisions.
- Interact with various internal personnel (Contracts, Financial Analysts, and Program Managers), as well as customers to research and resolve any billing issues / disputes.
- Continual improvements to process (workflow, efficiency, documentation and internal controls).
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma, Associates Degree in Accounting or related discipline preferred
- 2+ years in an accounting discipline, preference will be given to billing and/or government contracting experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of applications, especially Excel, Word, Outlook
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and analytical problem solving
- Sound and consistent business judgment, a good grasp of Company priorities and a sense of urgency
- High level of enthusiasm, with a keen customer focus and the ability to remain flexible to meet internal and external needs
Desired, but not required:
- Oracle eBusiness Suite experience
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 03 January 2020 • 22:31