What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA, LLC is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual for the position of Payroll Specialist, to contribute as an integral part of the Corporate Finance team.
- Process new hires, terminations, status changes, tax changes, deductions, time sheet data, rate changes, retroactive adjustments and special pays
- Maintain vacation, sick leave and worker’s compensation records
- Compile reports on base and premium pay
- Work with payroll provider for custom payroll requirements
- Research and produce special reports
- Review and process employee travel and living expenses – ensuring expenses are reimbursed in accordance with company policy
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma, Associates Degree in Accounting preferred
- 5+ years experience in Payroll and/or 2+ years in an accounting discipline
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of applications, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Solid written and oral communication skills and analytical problem solving
- Sound and consistent business judgment, a good grasp of Company priorities and a sense of urgency
- High level of enthusiasm, with the ability to remain flexible to meet internal and external needs
- Oracle experience helpful, but not required
- ADP experience helpful, but not required
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 12 March 2018 • 20:31