What you will be part of
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC (SDAS) provides solutions and technology that are at the core of defense and homeland security. SDAS is headquartered in Syracuse, NY and is comprised of four business units in various locations in the United States. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is currently seeking an individual who is driven to learn and highly motivated to fill an Accounting Specialist position and contribute as an integral part of the Corporate Finance team. This position is initially temporary with the potential to become permanent for the right candidate.
The Accounting Specialist is responsible to audit and process employee expense reports, and be the primary A/P specialist, for two remote divisions. This will require the ability to utilize Oracle eBusiness applications, Microsoft Office products (especially Excel), perform basic calculations, and interact with various internal personnel.
The ideal candidate will have basic accounting skills, accounts payable experience, accuracy, attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and the ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
Your skills and experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in an accounting discipline or business environment, government contracting experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Oracle eBusiness Suite experience helpful, but not required
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Solid written and oral communication skills and analytical problem solving
- Sound and consistent business judgment, a good grasp of Company priorities and a sense of urgency
- High level of enthusiasm and positive attitude, with the ability to remain flexible to meet internal and external needs
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA, LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 11 January 2019 • 18:16