Construction Engineer Manager
We are now looking for a skilled and encouraging leader to head up our Countermeasures System section when our ordinary manager is on Maternity Leave. Business Unit Electronic Warfare provides world-class solutions such as Radar Warning Receivers, Jammers, Counter Measure Dispensing Systems and Electronic intelligence systems.
An important part of the job is to expand the customer user knowledge, strategies and find effective ways of working within Countermeasures System. As a member of the System Design department management team you will be taking part in the overall development of the department.
A key aspect of the work is to cooperate with Product Units within EW and the other units of Surveillance to seek ways to optimize the success of Surveillance and Saab by increasing customer value.
We are looking for a manager with excellent leadership skills, experience with customer interaction and the ability to empower employees. As a manager, you will demonstrate communicative leadership skills in order to create commitment and energy within the organization.
We believe that you will develop us to further improve our organization and products with the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring proper staffing, including short term resource management and long term competence development and competence supply
- Leading, planning and directing the activities of your team members and maximize effectiveness
- Cooperating with Product Units within EW and the other units of Surveillance to seek ways to optimize the success of Surveillance and Saab by increasing customer value
- Compiling and controlling the cost centre budget with support from Finance
- Creating a healthy and sustainable team and working environment
What you will be a part of
Countermeasures Systems is a section within the Systems Design Department, which provides system engineers to the projects. The group you will be responsible for consists of 16 highly skilled engineers responsible for:
- Analyzing stakeholder needs
- Superior customer knowledge and tactics
- Domain knowledge within EW
- Performing top level system design
- Customer support and training
- Systems Engineering
You will report to the Head of Systems Design.
Please note that this is a temporary position during Maternty Leave until August 2020.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Last updated: 13 August 2019 • 16:33