What you will be part of
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC (SDAS) provides solutions and technology that are at the core of defense and homeland security. SDAS is headquartered in Syracuse, NY and is comprised of four business units in various locations in the United States. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is seeking a Receptionist/ Administrative Support Specialist for our Washington D.C. office, located on L Street. This position is initially temporary for 3 months with the opportunity to become fulltime-regular, depending upon business needs.
As the first line of communication, you will be responsible for creating a professional and welcoming environment for international and domestic customers, vendors, visitors and employees. You must demonstrate a poised and professional demeanor with a positive attitude, excellent communication skills and professional appearance. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet visitors at the Washington D.C. office on L Street
- Maintain visitor log and distribute badges with a high level of accuracy
- Answer multi-lined phone, and effectively route calls
- Schedule and monitor conference rooms and meeting equipment
- Generate inter-company and customer correspondence
- Assist our host-employees with their guests
- Support any and all administrative and clerical needs as required
- Place orders for office supplies
- Record manual travel itineraries into Travel Tracker system
- Compile and submit expense reports, MR, and invoices.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
Your skills and experience
- High School diploma or equivalent experience is required. An Associate Degree in related business field is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience as an administrative support or receptionist in a professional environment
- Proficiency in e-mail, Microsoft office suite and other computer-based systems (i.e. Oracle)
- Self-starter and self-directed with the ability to think creatively for efficiency and process improvement
- Ability to multi-task, balancing a number of tasks efficiently
- Excellent customer service skills with positive and helpful demeanor
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills while knowing your audience
- Punctuality and dependability
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Organizational skills and project coordination experience with attention to detail
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 10 January 2019 • 14:46