What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Sensis is currently recruiting for an Administrative Support Professional/Receptionist for our Collamer facility in East Syracuse, NY.
As the first line of communication, you will be responsible for creating a professional and welcoming environment for international and domestic customers, vendors, visitors and employees. You must demonstrate a poised and professional demeanor with a positive attitude, excellent communication skills and professional appearance.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not exclusive to the following:
- Greet visitors to the Collamer Facility
- Maintain visitor log and distribute badges with a high level of accuracy
- Answer multi-lined phone, and effectively route calls
- Schedule and monitor conference rooms and meeting equipment
- Generate inter-company and customer correspondence
- Assist our host-employees with their guests
- Submit service tickets through the Oracle and Cleantec systems
- Assist in the planning and implementation of employee morale activities
- Support any and all administrative and clerical needs as required
- Place orders for office supplies
- Record manual travel itineraries into Travel Tracker system
- Compile and submit expense reports, MR, and invoices.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
Your skills and experience
- A High School diploma or equivalent experience is required. An Associate Degree in related business field is preferred.
- 3 -5 years’ experience as an administrative support/receptionist in a professional environment
- Proficiency in e-mail, Microsoft office suite and other computer-based systems (i.e. Oracle)
- Self-starter and self-directed with the ability to think creatively for efficiency and process improvement
- Ability to multi-task, balancing a number of tasks efficiently
- Excellent customer service skills with positive and helpful demeanor
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills while knowing your audience
- Punctuality and dependability
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Project coordination experience with attention to detail
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 24 April 2018 • 13:16