In this role, you will be a part of a support team to start up our new Support Operation in Abu Dhabi.
As Aircraft Technician you will join a team to perform maintenance and dispatch flights for the Global Eye Special Mission Aircrafts delivered to the customer.
You will be based in Abu Dhabi as an Ex-patriat for 2 years with option to extend the assignment. You will be a part of an operational support team in an international Airborne Early Warning project headed by Saab Support & Services. The support team will include Saab specialist on Aircraft, Radar, EW, Communications and ground systems.
The duty will typically contain:
- Troubleshooting, repair and performance of scheduled maintenance of Global 6000, engines, avionics and electrical systems
- Repair and scheduled maintenance of ground support equipment
- Preparation and documentation of all maintenance actions as described by the procedures
- Perform corrective actions of maintenance discrepancies
- Line maintenance and dispatch of aircrafts
- Perform component maintenance
- Receiving inspections of components and equipment. Assist with duties within the store and in the logistic supply chain
- Cooperate and work in close relation to the mission system technicians
Your qualifications consist of:
- Aircraft Technician with EASA Part-66 B1and/or B2 license
- Global 6000 type rating is meritorious but not required
- Experience within aircraft maintenance procedures, inspections and good knowledge in usage of technical reference materials (maintenance manuals, illustrated part catalogues, service bulletins, structural repair manuals, engineering drawings, airworthiness-notes etc)
- Good general knowledge in computer based maintenance systems, able to learn new procedures and systems. To have a basic understanding of the aviation system, regulations and standards
- Good communicator, fluent in English both written and spoken
- Ability to work in a team environment with an interest of sharing knowledge and experiences with colleagues and with our customer
- You are curious and eager to embrace new cultures, non-judgmental, tolerant and very customers focused
- Must pass any Visa- and Security clearance requirements
What you will be a part of
Airborne ISR (business unit within Support & Services) is leading the In Service Support contract in UAE. You find more information about Saab Support & Services here.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Last updated: 24 June 2019 • 10:31