What you will be a part of
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and traffic management systems.
Saab Australia develops advanced defence and security systems for domestic and international markets. Our intuitive real-time command and control; command support; security and surveillance; and mixed reality applications are designed to adapt to today’s rapidly changing defence and security challenges. Over thirty years, the company has established a reputation as Australia’s leading capability systems integrator. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
Offering a fresh, vibrant place to work, Saab backs its commitment to offering a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, generous benefits, flexible working hours, and an active Social Club.
The Applications Team Leader will coordinate the tasks of the Applications Specialist team to achieve the objectives and deliverables as set out by the ICT Operations Manager.
The Applications Team Leader is responsible for the leadership of a team of Application Specialists who provide both application and technical support for Saab’s corporate and engineering tools used in both classified and unclassified environments. They are expected to provide objective and unbiased advice in relation to tools and other technologies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertaking tasking, performance planning, monitoring and reviews for the Applications team
- Liaising with Saab’s project groups to ensure ICT services are provisioned to meet business needs
- Liaising and maintaining working relationships with key partners, vendors and manufacturers
- Tailoring of commercial software products to meet specific business requirements;
- Liaising with ICT staff to coordinate the setup and configuration of applications and technologies
- Development, customisation and implementation of internal applications and systems to meet business needs
- Installation, configuration and/or support of corporate and enterprise wide support tools, systems, applications and technologies
Your skills and experience
- Broad knowledge of systems engineering and support tools, applications and technologies
- Formal qualifications in relevant discipline
- Significant experience working directly with or within an ICT team environment
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and a solid understanding of database mechanics
- Knowledge in the development of software using C#
- Extensive experience in one or more scripting languages
- Full understanding of the SDLC, including requirements analysis, design, development & documentation.
- Experience supporting and configuring commercial software products including:
- Atlassian Jira & BitBucket
- IBM Rational DOORS
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Oracle Databases
Please note applications close 28 October 2018. You may contact Josh Deane for a full copy of the position description.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.