What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems Division is seeking a detail-oriented, Associate Configuration Management (CM) Release Professional.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs change specialist functions per CM2 methodology.
- Assist in facilitating enterprise item / drawing releases and change requests.
- Assist in facilitating Configuration Control Board reviews.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining product data structures in various CM tools.
- Assist in performing configuration status accounting and configuration audits.
- Assist in ensuring conformance to applicable company and industry CM processes / standards.
- Maintain electronic files in SolidWorks PDM Pro system and/ or other vaults. Produce PDFs from all engineering masters for enterprise and/ or supplier use.
- Maintain quality of the configuration management data stores.
- Owns engineering data in the BOM item master and parent component files (Oracle ERP). Responsible for BOM accuracy with regard to design data elements.
- Contribute to ongoing improvements of CM processes and/ or process documentation, working towards Enterprise CM.
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- 0-3 years of relevant experience in Configuration Management, Document Control, or Engineering Change Management
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to meet objectives
- Must have or be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance
- Demonstrate logical and creative problem solving techniques; must be self-motivated with excellent attention to detail.
- Possess superior interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Excellent Time and Priority Management skills essential; ability to recognize urgent items and take action essential.
- Associates Degree in relevant discipline
- Possess an understanding of 3D modeling software, SolidWorks preferred.
- Direct experience working within ERP (Oracle), PDM (SolidWorks PDM Pro), and/or PLM systems.
- Desire to obtain Configuration Management certification in CM2 through company sponsored training.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 26 October 2018 • 15:16