What you will be part of
At Saab Surveillance U.S. you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, the division is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and U.S. Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Surveillance U.S. Division is seeking highly motivated, Entry level Digital Design/ Electrical Engineers to participate in the design, development and fabrication of next-generation radar surveillance systems.
The position involves:
- Working within teams to implement solutions in leading edge technology (including field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), system on a chip (SoC) devices, microcontrollers, high bandwidth memories, and high speed communication interfaces)
- Participating in internal technical meetings and peer design reviews.
- Using your experience to work as part of team to contribute to process improvements.
Your skills and experience
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline.
- Relevant Co-Op experience.
- Ability to understand, and evaluate electrical designs, theories, and principles.
- Experience with hardware description languages (VHDL, Verilog).
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must hold or be able to obtain U.S. DoD Secret security clearance.
Preferred Experience with:
- FPGA devices (e.g. Intel/Altera, Xilinx)
- SoC devices
- Schematic Entry and/or Circuit Card Design
- Digital Signal Processing applications
- Matlab and/or Python Scientific Computing Libraries
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 06 August 2019 • 12:46