What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems Division is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic Associate Manufacturing Engineer.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the design and layout of equipment and work space for maximum efficiency
- Leverage Lean Six Sigma principles in solving production flow issues
- Assist in setting up production control monitoring boards
- Provide producibility inputs on new part designs
- Determination of root cause and corrective action techniques
- Assist in establishing / maintaining production routings and work instructions
- Assist in creating basis of estimates for manufacturing activities in support of proposals
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or related engineering discipline
- 1-3 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to meet objectives.
- Demonstrate logical and creative problem solving techniques; must be self-motivated with excellent attention to detail.
- Superior interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Possess or working towards Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Prior experience as an Industrial Engineer in a manufacturing environment.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 11 January 2019 • 23:01