What you will be part of
Saab Barracuda LLC is a business unit operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC in Lillington, North Carolina. Saab Barracuda is the world's leading supplier of products and services within multispectral signature management and force protection technology. Saab Barracuda is at the front line of research and development within the area and the company has built a solid competence, when it comes to optimizing signature management solutions. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Barracuda LLC is seeking Associate Material Handlers/ Inspection Folders within the Quality Department. This position will be fulltime-temporary to support a 2-year contract, working 40 hours per week.
- Begin as entry level support developing knowledge of job and department polices.
- Ensure in‐process and finished products meet company standards.
- Work under direct supervision or within defined parameters to ensure timely and accurate performance of responsibilities.
- Learn to apply Quality Control inspection concepts and apply company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Place camouflage net on inspection table to fold camouflage net systems into appropriate size by template on folding table and carry folded net to packing table
- Make minor repairs to the nets, i.e. tears and tucks, when required
- Make certain all inspection and work procedures are followed to ensure conformance to quality standards
- Document and report test and inspection results
- Perform final inspections
- Perform verification and conformance inspections
- Use various measuring devices for verification of product requirements
- Monitor and verify quality in accordance with controlled procedures
- May assist Production Control department with inventory counting
- Perform Internal Audits, when trained and applicable
- Maintain safe working environment in the assigned work place
- Must meet required production output
Your skills and experience
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- High school diploma or educational equivalent
- Ability to work well independently or as a part of a team
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to communicate effectively with all personnel.
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret common documents such as blueprints, procedures and instructions.
- Possess good inter-personal skills to allow one to work well with others
- Use of common office equipment such as computer terminal and calculator may be needed, along with the ability to read basic measuring equipment, such as a scale and tape measure.
- Must be self-mobile and able to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as sitting, bending, stooping, walking, climbing, reaching during a normal workday.
- Ability to exert/ lift up to forty-five (45) pounds
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges is important for conversations, and to receive ordinary information and directives from Production Supervisors and management as required
- Ability to work extended hours when required.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation, drug test, and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be a U.S. citizen, green card holder, or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 01 March 2019 • 15:46