What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division is seeking an Associate Systems Engineer. Under the guidance of Senior Engineers, responsibilities will include the following, and continue to increase with experience and exposure:
- Development/derivation of subsystem requirements, and establishing and maintaining traceability of these requirements in the project’s requirements management environment.
- Contribute to the development of integration plans and checklists based on these requirements and other system design documentation and conduct integration activities in accordance with these checklists.
- Analyzing system requirements.
- Modeling system behavior using Matlab and UML modeling tools.
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Physics, or related discipline
- Previous Co-Op/ internship experience in a technical environment
- 0-5 years of professional technical experience
- A premium will be placed on candidates who can demonstrate versatility in their academic and professional experience.
- Excellent Matlab skills
- Demonstrated communication, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 29 June 2018 • 16:16