Are you an electrical engineer with experience from large battery systems and want to work with complex systems which operates in a challenging environment? Then we think this can be just the job for you!
As a system engineer, you will work with the whole life cycle of a system, from conceptual design, requirements analysis and procurement to test, verification, integration, commissioning, verification and maintenance. You will work in our R&D project developing a new battery system for submarines, as well as in our ongoing submarine projects.
The main tasks are:
- System design and specification
- Test and verification activities
- Customer and supplier interaction
We are looking for an analytical engineer with deep theoretical knowledge in power engineering who is not afraid of getting the fingers dirty from work in the field. To enjoy and be successful in this role, we believe you possess patience and persistency, have the ability to find solutions and last but not least - be good at networking and building long-term relationships!
We are a global company and the role incluce some domestic and international travelling.
- Engineering degree in electrical power engineering
- Minimum a few years of relevant experience, working with large battery systems
- Knowledge of different battery chemistries
- Excellent communication skills in Swedish and English, oral and written
- Experience from project management and system engineering
- Knowledge of DC distribution systems, electrical motors, generators and converters
- Experience in power system simulations
- Presentation skills in order to give presentations of your work, sometimes for a large audience.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
What you will be a part of
You will be part of the Energy and Propulsion Submarine section. We are a small group of experienced system engineers and electrical designers. The section is responsible for systems such as the propulsion motor, generators and batteries. We work closely together with all our highly skilled colleagues within Saab Kockums.
Business Area Kockums
Inside our leading naval factory
The Next Generation Corvette
If you are interested in what benefits you can take part of as an employee at Saab in Sweden, you can read more about them here.
Kindly observe that this is an ongoing recruitment process and that the position might be filled before the closing date of the advertisement. Your application may be in Swedish or English.
If you have any questions about the job, don´t hesitate to contact
Anders Wikström, recruiting manager +46 734 34 14 07
or Charlotta Lundblad, HR Specialist Recruitment +46 734 34 12 74.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.