What you will be part of
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC (SDAS) provides solutions and technology that are at the core of defense and homeland security. SDAS provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package. SDAS is headquartered in Syracuse, NY and is comprised of four business units:
- Saab Sensor Systems (S3) is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within S3 is the U.S. division supporting the global Saab Surface Based Sensors business unit. S3 is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and U.S. Government agencies.
- Training and Simulation in Orlando, FL is the U.S. division operating in support of the global Saab Training and Simulation Business unit based in Husqvarna, Sweden. Training and Simulation provides world class land based Live, laser based Training and Simulation and Targetry products to the U.S. ARMY, Industry Primes, and Special Operations customers.
- Saab Barracuda USA LLC in Lillington, NC is the U.S. office operating in support of the global Saab Barracuda Signature Management Business unit based in Gamelby, Sweden. Barracuda is the world’s leading provider of world class textile based signature management products and capabilities for camouflage, solar shade, and energy management applications.
- Support and Services in Ashburn, VA is primarily the U.S. business unit supporting the global business unit responsible for support and maintenance of Saab’s commercial (340 and 2000) airplane fleet. Support and Services provides full lifecycle support and maintenance to the North and South American Saab 340 and 2000 customers. In addition Support and Services provides depot and logistics support for the rest of SDAS operations.
Because SDAS’s ultimate parent company, Saab AB, is not a U.S. entity, SDAS operates under a Special Security Agreement (“SSA”) with the U.S. Department of Defense. The SSA enables SDAS to participate in many classified programs and contracts by providing the company with a US Government approved legal and administrative framework within which Foreign Ownership Control and Influence (FOCI) risks are effectively mitigated.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC (SDAS) is seeking a Business Development Manager to be responsible for routinely identifying new business opportunities and customers. This position will be located in either Huntsville, AL or Lawton, OK. The primary customers will be Fires Center of Excellence and key U.S. Army organizations in Huntsville and Fort Sill/ Lawton, but the manager’s scope will not be limited to them alone. The candidate will work autonomously to influence and partner with internal and external stakeholders, while leading significant proposal and capture efforts. The candidate will be responsible for guiding others on the business development team. Understanding business unit products and services combined with the ability to work with technical experts to identify solutions, which will meet customers' needs and requirements is crucial. Lastly, this role requires that the candidate will interface across disciplines and departments and recommends changes to products and processes as necessary.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Provide leadership for the identification, capture planning and capture execution of programs/contracts to support SDAS.
- Develop and implement capture plans and strategies, understand the customer’s requirements and the competition and develop / implement winning strategies that highlight strengths and mitigate weaknesses; establish value added teaming strategies and competitive pricing structures to create a profitable return at a winning cost.
- Lead collaborative cross-functional teams in the development of capture plans to leverage all organizational strengths at SDAS. This includes the development of action oriented capture plans, customer and engagement plans, and providing operational and technical inputs to develop system solutions.
- Develop and maintain excellent relations with customers. Ensure continuing customer relations and an effective flow of information to deliver business objectives.
- Become a good corporate citizen of the community by participating in local professional organizations (e.g. AUSA, NDIA, local Fires Chapter, etc.), command sponsored events, charities and become a part of the customer community.
- Coordinate with U.S. Army Fires Center of Excellence, FA TCM Offices, Cross Functional Teams(LRPF and Air and Missile Defense), U.S. Army Security Assistance Command, PEO-Aviation, PEO- Missiles and Space, PEO-STRI-Threat Systems Management Office, U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Research, Development and Engineering Center, other applicable U.S. Army organizations, the Pentagon (G3,G8) offices, and local Defense Industries to identify mission needs, capabilities, and requirements in support of technical inputs and concept of operations to develop system solutions.
- Develop and manage relevant budgets, Bid and Proposal resources, and associated R&D activity.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, technical or related discipline. MBA is a plus.
- 10 years of business development in defense industry and/or relevant military air operations
- Knowledge of DoD acquisition process
- Knowledge of government procurement policies and procedures
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Secret level clearance
- Must possess outstanding leadership, communication, strategic planning, Voice of the Customer and relationship management skills
- U.S. DoD experience with artillery, air defense systems, and radars.
- Thorough knowledge of customers within the U.S. acquisition, requirements development, operational, test & evaluation and research & development communities
- Experience with Foreign Military Sales
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 09 November 2018 • 18:16