What you will be part of
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC (SDAS) provides solutions and technology that are at the core of defense and homeland security. SDAS is headquartered in Syracuse, NY and is comprised of four business units in various locations in the United States. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC (SDAS) is seeking a Business Development Manager to be responsible for routinely identifying new business opportunities and customers. This position will be located in Orlando, FL (preferred) or Washington DC. The primary customers include, but are not limited to: the Synthetic Training Environment Cross Functional Team, PEO STRI, TRADOC Capability Manager-LIVE, TRADOC Capability Manager Force-on-Force, U.S. Army Training organizations in the Pentagon, PM TRASYS, TECOM, and USMC training organization.
Understanding of business unit products and services, combined with the ability to work with technical experts to identify solutions to meet customers' needs and requirements, is crucial.
- Work autonomously to influence and partner with internal and external stakeholders, while leading significant proposal and capture efforts.
- Guide others on the Business Development team.
- Interface across disciplines/departments and recommend changes to products and processes as necessary.
- Provide leadership for the identification, capture planning and capture execution of programs/contracts to support SDAS.
- Develop and implement capture plans and strategies, understand the customer’s requirements and the competition and develop/ implement winning strategies that highlight strengths and mitigate weaknesses; establish value added teaming strategies and competitive pricing structures to create a profitable return at a winning cost.
- Lead collaborative cross-functional teams in the development of capture plans to leverage all organizational strengths at SDAS. This includes the development of action oriented capture plans, customer and engagement plans, and providing operational and technical inputs to develop system solutions.
- Develop and maintain excellent relations with customers. Ensure continuing customer relations and an effective flow of information to deliver business objectives.
- Become a good corporate citizen of the community by participating in local professional organizations (e.g. AUSA, NDIA, NTSA, etc), command sponsored events, charities and become a part of the customer community.
- Coordinate with U.S. Army PEO STRI, TCM-LIVE, other applicable TCM Offices, Cross Functional Teams (STE), PEO-STRI-Threat Systems Management Office, PM TRAYSIS, US Marine Corps TECOM other applicable U.S. DOD training organizations, ASAALT, the Pentagon (G3,G8) offices, and local Defense Industries to identify mission needs, capabilities, and requirements in support of technical inputs and concept of operations to develop system solutions.
- Develop and manage relevant budgets, Bid and Proposal resources, and associated R&D activity.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, technical or related discipline. MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years of business development in defense industry and/or relevant military air operations
- Knowledge of DoD acquisition process
- Knowledge of government procurement policies and procedures
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Secret level clearance
- Must possess outstanding leadership, communication, strategic planning, Voice of the Customer and relationship management skills
- U.S. DoD experience with training systems, understanding of acquisition processes, US Army Cross Functional Teams, Army Futures Command and the US Marine Corps Systems Command (MARCORSYSCOM).
- Thorough knowledge of customers within the U.S. acquisition, requirements development, operational, test & evaluation and research & development communities
- Experience with Foreign Military Sales
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 07 May 2019 • 22:46