What you will be part of
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC (SDAS) provides solutions and technology that are at the core of defense and homeland security. SDAS is headquartered in Syracuse, NY and is comprised of four business units in various locations in the United States. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC (SDAS) is seeking a Business Development Manager to routinely work with customers and identify business opportunities. This position will be located in Orlando, FL (preferred) or Quantico, VA/ Washington D.C. The primary customers include, but are not limited to: the Synthetic Training Environment Cross Functional Team, PEO STRI, TRADOC Capability Manager-LIVE, TRADOC Capability Manager Force-on-Force, U.S. Army Training organizations in the Pentagon, PM TRASYS, TECOM, and USMC training organizations.
Understanding of business unit products and services, combined with the ability to work with technical experts to identify solutions to meet customers' needs and requirements will be crucial.
- Develop and maintain excellent relations with customers.
- Work autonomously to influence and partner with internal and external stakeholders.
- Be an integral member of the Business Development and Customer Sales teams.
- Customer advocate - Interface across disciplines/departments and identify customer trends and requirements.
- Develop and implement capture plans and strategies, understand the customers' requirements and the competitions' strengths and weaknesses, and develop/ implement winning strategies that highlight strengths and mitigate weaknesses; establish value added teaming strategies to recommend price to win.
- Lead and participate in collaborative cross-functional teams to leverage all organizational strengths. This includes the development of action oriented customer engagement plans, and providing operational and technical inputs to develop system solutions.
- Be a good corporate citizen by participating in local professional organizations (e.g. AUSA, NDIA, NTSA, etc.), command sponsored events and charities.
- Coordinate with U.S. Army PEO STRI, TCM-LIVE, other applicable TCM Offices, Cross Functional Teams (STE), PM TRASYS, U.S. Marine Corps TECOM, other applicable U.S. DoD training organizations, ASAALT, the Pentagon (G3, G8) and Congressional offices, and local Defense industry partners to identify mission needs, capabilities, and requirements to develop system solutions.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, technical or related discipline. Master's degree is desired.
- 10+ years of business development in defense industry and/or relevant military operations.
- Knowledge of DoD acquisition process.
- Knowledge of government procurement policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Secret level clearance.
- Must possess outstanding leadership, communication, strategic planning, customer knowledge and exceptional relationship management skills.
- U.S. DoD experience with training systems, understanding of acquisition processes, U.S. Army Cross Functional Teams, Army Futures Command and the U.S. Marine Corps Systems Command.
- Thorough knowledge of customers within the U.S. acquisition, requirements development, operational, test & evaluation and research & development communities.
- Experience with Foreign Military Sales.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 27 June 2019 • 16:46