What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
In this role the candidate will be responsible for routinely identifying new business opportunities and customers for Saab Sensor Systems. They will work autonomously to influence and partner with internal and external stakeholders, while leading significant proposal and capture efforts. The candidate will be responsible for guiding others on the business development team. Understanding business unit products and services combined with the ability to work with technical experts to identify solutions which will meet customers' needs and requirements is crucial. Lastly this role requires that the candidate will interface across disciplines and departments and recommends changes to products and processes as necessary.
- Provide leadership for the identification, capture planning and capture execution of programs/contracts to support Saab Sensor Systems.
- Develop and implement capture plans and strategies, understand the customer’s requirements and the competition and develop / implement winning strategies that highlight strengths and mitigate weaknesses; establish value added teaming strategies and competitive pricing structures to create a profitable return at a winning cost
- Lead collaborative cross-functional teams in the development of capture plans to leverage all organizational strengths at Saab Sensor Systems. This includes the development of action oriented capture plans, customer and engagement plans, and providing operational and technical inputs to develop system solution.
- Develop and maintain excellent relations with customers. Ensure continuing customer relations and an effective flow of information to deliver business objectives.
- Coordinate with US Navy, Coast Guard, and US Army acquisition and program offices to identify mission needs, capabilities, and requirements in support of technical inputs and concept of operations to develop system solutions.
- Develop and manage relevant budgets, Bid and Proposal resources, and associated R&D activity.
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in business or related discipline (MBA preferred)
- 10 years of business development in defense industry and/or relevant military naval operations
- Knowledge of DoD acquisition process
- Knowledge of government procurement policies and procedures
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Secret level clearance
- Must possess outstanding leadership, communication, strategic planning, Voice of the Customer and relationship management skills
- US DOD experience with combat management systems, surveillance radars, and EW systems
- Thorough knowledge of customers within the US acquisition, requirements development, operational, test & evaluation and research & development communities
- Experience with Foreign Military Sales
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 21 March 2018 • 19:01