What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems Division is seeking C/C++ Software Engineers to design, and assist in development of software for radar applications. The system is being developed under the principles of Open Technology Development, with an emphasis on non-proprietary, modular, open designs. A strong emphasis will be placed on Object Oriented Analysis and Design skills.
Under the guidance of Senior Engineers, responsibilities will include the following, and continue to increase with experience and exposure:
- Working with the software lead to design and develop modular, run-time configurable software that can be used on multiple programs and is extensible to future programs
- Participation in internal technical meetings and design reviews
- Follow the Sensor Systems CMMI-Level 3 Software Development process
- Follow established software development best-practices for open architecture, safety, security and information assurance
- Supporting the collection and reporting of SW metrics and overall status
- Supporting task planning and scheduling
- Participation in peer/technical reviews for developed software
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
- Previous Co-Op/ internship experience in a technical environment
- 0-5 years of professional technical experience
- A premium will be placed on candidates who can demonstrate versatility in their academic and professional experience
- Must have or be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience developing software for radar applications
- Experience in C/C++ software development, with specific experience with the following:
- Static and dynamic code analysis
- Development in a POSIX/Linux environment
- Development in a semi-real time environment (5-10ms timeline)
- UML modeling tools for software design
- Experience using GoogleTest/GoogleMock unit test framework
- Experience with Klocwork, Coverity code analysis tools
- Experience using Subversion (SVN) for configuration management
- Experience using the Atlassian JIRA/Confluence/Crucible tool sets
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 28 September 2018 • 17:01