Radar Chief Engineer, in Abu Dhabi
At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries regarded as technically possible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
We are looking for a radar chief engineer to join our new team, developing new radar products for our customers. You will participate as specialist in the development of new radar products and thereby be important for the growth of competence in the company. You will assume the role of specialist for development of our radar products, and the future support including both hardware and software. As a specialist, you will be the radar authority for concept, design and development decisions for our radar products. You will take the technical responsibility within our projects, and together with project managers manage our customer relations.
You will also act as mentor within radar for competence development and recruitments, and work closely together with business development in pre-studies and as technical support.
Your skills and experience
Proven experience regarding radar engineering is equally important to the passion to build a brand new entity and operation in the UAE.
It is a unique and exciting opportunity!
As a person, you are outgoing and inspired by new challenges. A well-developed understanding and willingness to learn about different cultures is crucial in this multi-cultural environment. It will require a lot of teamwork and a broad approach to be successful.
· Experience from least one lifecycle of a modern Radar Development
· You have an relevant education or experience, MSc or equivalent
· Experience of design and development decisions and their consequences
· Good ability to carry through your own and others ideas
· Have the ability to lead a group of young, multi-cultural subsystem experts
· Understanding of Sensor fusion and algorithms
· You must be able to express yourself in English, both oral and in written word.
· You are able to drive and prioritize the Radar Roadmap together with Product Management
This position requires that you undergo a security screening in accordance with the Saab internal processes.
What you will be a part of
Saab’s strategy for growth includes building local business in selected markets, with focus on key customer countries. You will become part of this brand new Saab Company, which operates in Tawazun Industrial Park, northeast of the Abu Dhabi city centre.