After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we’re proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. With a proven capability of providing high technology solutions to our defence, security and civil aviation customers, we are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
At Saab Australia, we develop everything from combat, communications and security systems to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. If a career designing, developing and integrating high-end systems for a world-class technology organisation sounds like you, then you have come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
As part of our Maritime group, the Combat System Maintenance - SME / Trainer will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s 9LV combat system across the full Royal Australian Navy surface fleet.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing naval engineering and maintenance input that assists in the development of an operationally relevant combat system solution
- Supporting engineering staff in the maintainability design of combat management system functionality and the associated human-machine interface
- Advising on the functional design and layout of a naval ships’ compartments/locations for combat system equipment, focusing on the human factors associated with the maintenance of equipment
- Undertaking the development and delivery of combat system maintainer training
- Undertaking maintenance task analysis to support the development of maintenance manuals
Please note, this role is being offered on an initial 6 month fixed term contract.
As an ideal candidate for the role, you will possess
- Considerable experience as a combat system specialist within either industry or the RAN
- Experience writing and editing large and/or complex documents to an advanced level, with the ability to write in plain English
- Proven ability in internal and external stakeholder management, including with the customer
- Demonstrated knowledge of the RAN’s (or equivalent Navy) maintenance procedures and requirements
- Demonstrated maintainer knowledge of the sensor/weapon fit on RAN Major Fleet Units
- Experience in systems approach to Defence learning phases and associated training design, development and delivery
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We strongly value the contributions made by our employees and in return offer a range of health & wellness programs, incentives for professional and personal development and an industry-leading benefits package. By joining Saab Australia, you will experience a consciously supportive and collaborative culture, where we actively promote flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by 5 January 2020. You may contact Josh Deane for a copy of the full position description. Please note that due to company Xmas shutdown, applicants will be reviewed from 6 January onwards.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.