What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division’s Electrical engineering team is seeking a results-oriented Component Engineer with a high level of competence in electronic component composition, standards, process and properties. The successful candidate will investigate and assist in the selection and sourcing of components and assemblies used to design and produce radar systems.
Responsibilities will include the following, and continue to increase with experience and exposure:
- Support design teams in the selection of electronic components and scrubbing of BOMs against program flow-down requirements prior to release.
- Investigate and promote alternative solutions.
- Analyze and develop solutions to resolve all issues associated with obsolete components.
- Resolve Diminishing Manufacturing Sources (DMS) and End of Life (EOL) component issues.
- Make recommendations for parts and technology.
- Conduct part lifecycle analysis.
- Resolve technical component issues.
- Assist in identifying and resolving manufacturing problems.
- Review Bills of Material (BOM) for obsolescence.
- Support Quality Assurance to analyze component failure trends.
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering discipline. Master’s degree is a plus.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Total Parts Plus, Silicon Expert, or a similar BOM/part tracking tool.
- Must possess eagerness to learn, technical aptitude, and technical depth to work with development and manufacturing teams.
- Understand component temperature derating.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong professionalism, interpersonal, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to work well individually and in a collaborative team environment.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with FAR/DFARS.
- GIDEP experience a plus.
- Contacts and experience with electronic components manufacturers.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 28 June 2018 • 16:16