What you will be part of
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Training and Simulation division supports the United States Warfighter by developing, manufacturing, and supporting world-class training systems for the US Military, Foreign Military Sales, and Homeland Security in the Live, Virtual, and Constructive domains. Saab's product line contains the industry's highest performing training equipment while maintaining cost effectiveness, reliability and durability. Training and Simulation resides in Central Florida Research Park, a predominant hub of the nation's simulation and training industry. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is looking for an experienced, Computer Network Technologist (CNT) II to join our professional team at Grafenwoehr Training Area (GTA), Germany, providing support to the Army Training Aids, Devices, Simulators and Simulations (TADSS) Maintenance Program (ATMP).
The Army TADSS Maintenance Program (ATMP) is a seven-year Single Award ID/IQ contract for maintenance, sustainment, operations and support of Army Training Aids, Devices, Simulators, an Simulations (TADSS), Live-Fire Ranges, and Instrumentation Systems. The ATMP portfolio includes ≈250,000 live, virtual, construction, and gamin TADSS located at 422 sites worldwide.
The CNT II supports DISE, Deployable Instrumentation System in Europe. DISE is comprised of Infantry training equipment, including communication infra structure and EXCON: Soldier, Building, and Vehicle instrumentation.
- Provide turnkey Maintenance and Sustainment of all DISE equipment in accordance with performance guidelines including all Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services and required Corrective Maintenance actions.
- Onsite DISE Lead responsible for the execution, coordination, oversight, and management functions.
- When required support planning, coordinating, and preparing for user training.
- Support all phases of pre-during-posting deployment support.
- Provide Configuration Management support of assigned Hardware and Software.
- Become an SME on DISE Operations and the Capture data for input for unit After Action Reviews as required.
- Make accurate, timely and complete entries into the Management Information System (MIS).
- Networking knowledge of hardware and software including configurations using Windows, MAC O/S, and Linux.
- Assists with deployment to and recovery from training deployments.
- As necessary, provide system capabilities briefings.
- As necessary, be responsible for maintaining Government Furnished Facilities (GFF) and Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) associated with DISE.
- Support and provide necessary Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRL) as directed by the Program Manager.
- Adhere to assigned Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP) as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Achieve all required training activities in support of the program.
- Travel required >25% within the greater European Theater and in support of DISE.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Science, Information Systems, or Mathematics, with 2 years of experience as a Computer Network Technologist or related position within the last 4 years
- OR US Army or USMC experience, with Live Training force-on-force deployment experience
- United States Citizen
- TESA Certification required
- Must be able to acquire a CAC Card and gain access to military installations
- Experience in assembling and installing electronic and electrical hardware
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs, wear appropriate personal protective equipment, and perform duties in extreme weather conditions (heat, cold, wind and rain) and height (towers an phone poles)
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a valid driver license and Post driving privileges
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.