After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we are proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. With a proven capability of providing high technology solutions to our defence and security customers, we are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
At Saab Australia, we develop everything from combat, communications and security systems to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. If a career providing outstanding contracts administrator advice and support for a world-class technology organisation sounds like you, then you have come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
As part of our Corporate group, the Contracts Administrator – Construction will play a key role in furthering the development of the Commercial function and will be involved in the successful management and control of construction-related administrative processes relating to the delivery and support of our industry-leading security solutions.
The successful candidate will:
- Liaise and negotiate with customers, subcontractors and suppliers
- Process payments, time extensions, variations and other claims
- Establish and tailor processes and tools to ensure contract compliance
- Provide documentation support to the project manager and senior management
- Mentor and work effectively with other Saab contract administrators.
Your skills and experience will include:
- 5+ years supporting the delivery of major commercial construction projects
- Managing effective relationships and negotiations
- Managing subcontractors, procurement issues and schedules
- Detailed working knowledge of claims processes (e.g. variations and EOTs) in commercial construction
- Tertiary qualification in construction, project management, business or related (desirable).
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We strongly value the contributions made by our employees and in return offer a range of health & wellness programs, incentives for professional and personal development and an industry-leading benefits package. By joining Saab Australia, you will experience a consciously supportive and collaborative culture, where we actively promote flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact our careers team for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.