What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division is seeking a Contracts Administrator to support proposal, negotiation, and execution (including modifications) of a mixed portfolio of contracts.
Some specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Negotiating contract terms and conditions
- Negotiating Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements, and Memorandums of Agreement.
- Performing and communicating contractual risk analyses during all phases of the contract lifecycle.
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Contract Management, Supply Chain Management, Finance, or related field.
- 3 years of experience in the Defense industry (desired, but not required, experience in, Contracts or Procurement). (Or 1-2 years if candidate has MBA).
- Demonstrated experience performing various aspects of contract management and administration from the capture phase through contract close-out for multiple contract types.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of contracting concepts.
- Understanding of Government contracting (to include FAR/DFARS) and key business processes.
- Ability to work comfortably in a team environment, multi-task, and support concurrent requirements for different internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- U.S. Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance per business requirements.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Prior work experience in U.S. Government Contracts or Procurement -related field.
- Prior experience working with federal contractor.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate Requests for Proposal and formulate proposal responses.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and creativity to develop solutions to contract problems.
- NCMA Certification.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 24 April 2018 • 13:16