What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Traffic Managements, Air Traffic Management business unit, Saab Sensis is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual as a Contracts Manager. An individual who possesses wide-ranging Contracts Management experience to use professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Overseeing the management of Contracts assigned by the Senior Contracts Manager to ensure appropriate terms/conditions/compliance, & risk mitigation
- Managing the review of contract documents for contractual sufficiency & consistency under applicable government contracting regulations & assist in dispute resolution
- Monitoring contract performance & preparation of multi-faceted reports
- Reviewing complex domestic/international, or commercial proposals for compliance with requirements of Request for Proposal, with particular focus on identification & mitigation/elimination of proposal risk & contract execution risk
- Providing strategic/tactical advice in support of domestic/international or commercial contractual negotiations, assuming role, as negotiation closer
- Drafting complex non-routine documentation for review
- Leading and/or participating in drafting and/or reviewing suggested improvements to processes and/or work instructions prior to implementation
- Successfully interacting with management, customer/supplier executive management & U.S. Government Representatives
- Providing mentoring & broad technical contractual guidance
- Communicating results concisely and consistently
- Identifying & developing contract skills in assigned function
- Supporting, contributing & participating as a member of proposal Capture Team
Your skills and experience
- BA/BS degree
- 15+ years experience
- Professional certification or advanced degree preferred (CCCM, CFCM, CPCM)
- Expert FAR, DFARS, AMS, with experience in Material Command Regulations and working knowledge of CAS
- Excellent presentation, teambuilding and leadership skills
- Ability to effect and manage change agents
- Ability to perform in complex cross-functional business environment
- Significant ability to influence senior corporate management
- Global perspective of business environment and technology
- Ability to be forward looking and identify future infrastructure enhancements to the Contracts organizations in support of growth and strategic direction of corporation
- Ability to train less experienced contract professionals & others as needed
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 04 February 2019 • 19:31