What you will be a part of
Saab Australia develops advanced defence and security systems for domestic and international markets. Our intuitive real-time command and control; command support; security and surveillance; and mixed reality applications are designed to adapt to today’s rapidly changing defence and security challenges. Over thirty years, the company has established a reputation as Australia’s leading capability systems integrator. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
Offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, Saab values a healthy work-life balance with a great working culture, generous benefits, flexible working hours and an active Social Club.
Saab Australia is seeking an experienced Contracts Manager, with well-developed financial and commercial acumen, to take a leadership role in our Commercial team to support a range of defence and corporate contracts.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not be limited to:
· Contract Management
Undertake contractual management of projects to maximise commercial outcomes of the contract including escalation claims, extensions of time, variations, payments, instructions, and export control matters; the identification and management of commercial risks.
Lead negotiations with customers, subcontractors and suppliers relating to contractual issues, teaming arrangements, licensing arrangements and confidentiality agreements to ensure commercial integrity.
Provide commercial advice to project and tender teams ensuring that key commercial, legal and contractual issues are dealt with in an effective and efficient manner.
· Tender and Proposals
As part of tender and proposals teams, take a proactive role in commercial, legal and contractual matters including the preparation of Request for Tender and contract documentation and statements of compliance.
Your skills and experience
· Tertiary Qualifications in relevant discipline (e.g. Accounting, Law, Business or Commerce).
· Demonstrated experience in a contract management role and an excellent working knowledge of contract management processes and techniques, including negotiations.
· Working knowledge of Australian Defence Industry contracting and procurement processes.
· Knowledge of Australian and US Government Export control processes.
· A sound understanding of principles of contract law.
· Knowledge of project financial management principles, including earned value management, project accounting, cost estimation processes, profit and risk sharing mechanisms.
· Experience in the development of project specific intellectual property plans and associated schedules.
· High level interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders in providing expert contract management advice.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by 5 May 2019. You may contact Danielle Hudson for a copy of the full position description.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.