Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are three operating units within TM: Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and Vessel Traffic Management Information Systems (VTMIS), hydrographics; Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions. Public Safety and Security (PSS) which is the world leading solution provider for mission critical integrated operations.
Do you have the talent and drive to look in detail to the contracts? Do you have a strong and independent personality, able to manage stakeholders. Do you find all the important remarks in a contract and to find solutions? You are willing to understand, besides the legal aspects, also the technical, commercial and financial aspects of a contract. We are a dynamic international company, from product to software driven business. We are looking for a Contracts Manager at Saab Technologies B.V. in our department Contracts & Purchasing who is passionate about the finding prime contract specifications and requirements. If so, we are looking for you...
We’re seeking a dynamic, results-oriented, hands-on Contracts Manager, responsible for managing all contracts related to suppliers, subcontractors, partners and customers and supporting Operations and Marketing & Sales during customer project execution and tender or offering phase from our offices in the Netherlands and in Hong Kong. Furthermore, this person will produce and coordinate purchasing activities of mainly technical products and services in a cost effective and timely manner, in close cooperation with our project and capture proposal teams. You report to the Head of Operations.
You are responsible (but not restricted) to:
- 70% involvement as ‘contracts management‘ and 30% line and purchase management;
- Contracts management
- Managing the review of contract documents for contractual sufficiency & consistency, appropriate terms & conditions, compliance and risk mitigation;
- Supporting, contributing & participating as a member of proposal capture teams.
- Reviewing commercial proposals for compliance with tender/RFQ/RFP requirements, with particular focus on identification & mitigation/elimination of proposal risk & contract execution risk;
- Establish and negotiate partnership agreements, subcontractor agreements, supplier agreements during proposal capture phase;
- Providing strategic/tactical advice in support of commercial contractual negotiations towards customers, assuming role, as negotiation closer;
- Monitoring contract performance and support project managers during project execution and assist in dispute resolution;
- Establish framework agreements with our key suppliers;
- Line and purchasing management
- Manage a team of three purchasers (two based in the Netherlands, one based in Hong Kong), perform Individual Performance Management (IPM) meetings, develop the skills and abilities of your team members and secure a good working environment within the unit;
- Make choices in the international market of technical products and services suppliers and support make or buy decisions by management;
- Identify cost savings and drive cost saving projects;
- Manage all business related insurances in coordination with Group Treasury and Finance;
- Backfill purchasers in case of leave, absence.
- Successfully interacting with management, customer/supplier executive management and government management
Your experience and skills
- Bachelor degree in law or similar;
- At least 5 years of experience in contract management in complex cross functional international business (to government) environment;
- Excellent understanding of legal documents and drafting and reviewing terms & conditions;
- Effectively using problem solving skills, analytical thinking, influencing and negotiation skills;
- Self-driven, hands-on, flexible, creative, result-driven and team-worker;
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English, verbally and in writing;
- NEVI 1 and/or 2 is benefit;
- Willing to travel abroad
Last updated: 01 July 2019 • 15:02