Are you looking for the next step in your procurement career? We are looking for a person with a high business acumen to lead a unit responsible for an indirect spend of six billion SEK annually and a functional responsibility for Procurement at Saab.
As Head of Group Procurement, you lead and develop the unit in all aspect of procurement. You will manage an indirect spend of currently six billion SEK together with a team of 32 procurement professionals including four subordinate managers. Included in your responsibilities are all indirect categories such as consultants, IS/IT, facilities, travel, etc. The scope is including all of Saab, but is mainly focused on Sweden. You will be reporting to Saab’s Chief Financial Officer/EVP.
As Head of Group Procurement, you are also the chair of Saab’s Procurement Council consisting of all heads of procurement at Saab’s business areas. The council is the governance body for the procurement function.
You will be accountable for strengthening Saab Procurement capabilities, such as:
- Identify and develop business cases together with internal and external stakeholders to increase value and reduce cost for the organisation. Internal stakeholders include members of Group Management.
- Develop the supplier base to meet the organisation’s future requirements using the full potential of what the market has to offer.
- Maximise benefits from the ongoing digitalisation of the function and manage the change necessary as a result of further digitalisation.
- Improve functional output using the full power of co-operation between business areas.
- Process development “procure to pay” together with the CFO team.
Would you like to know more about the Saab-life and the benefits of joining us? Read our People Philosophy.
You possess a strong business acumen together with strategic awareness. When collaborating with stakeholders, you are confident with the ability to build relationships, influence and provide advice to key decision makers. Your leadership skills are proven and you are able to work independently, setting your own demanding objectives and translating those into strategic plans with a medium- to long-term view. You focus on achieving success in individual and team projects. Desirably, you also possess a keen interest to develop ways of working using digitalisation.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business administration or business law or similar build-up of skills and experience.
- Minimum ten years’ experience of strategic procurement.
- Ten years’ experience in a procurement management position.
- Excellent communication skills in Swedish and English, verbal and written
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration.
- Minimum fifteen years’ experience of strategic procurement or experience from sourcing categories relevant to this position.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
Last application date: 2020-08-16
What you will be a part of
Saab is a world-leading defence and security company. Saab’s mission is to make people safe by pushing intellectual and technological boundaries. Saab has operations and employees on all continents around the world. Fighter jets, submarines and radars are just some examples of what we do.
Group Procurement is a group function with a functional responsibility for 500 procurement professionals globally and a business responsibility for indirect procurement. Our mission is to create sustainable, efficient and profitable business, challenging ourselves and our suppliers, using high business acumen and a holistic view. During 2020 we are introducing a new digitised system for the entire source-to-order process.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Location Linköping or Stockholm