What you will be a part of
Within the business area Industrial Products and Services, we provide a wide range of solutions and services, including aero structures, avionics systems, consultancy, and traffic management.
- Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are three operating units within TM:
- Air Traffic Management (ATM), provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions;
- Maritime Traffic Management (MTM), delivers an integrated suite of solutions for waterway authorities, port and terminal operators, ship owners and the off shore industry.
- Public Safety focuses on delivering control room solutions for defense, critical infrastructure, public safety and enterprise organizations worldwide.
For these solutions we integrate our own system products with third party products. At any given moment, Saab's solutions contribute to handling over a quarter of all air traffic and over a quarter of all commercial shipping around the world.
TM is a diverse and capable team of 700 employees spread over three continents, of which approximately 100 work in the office in Apeldoorn, The Netherlands. At that office we have an important part of the teams that serve the aviation and maritime market.
We are looking for a Customer Support Manager MTM with knowledge and experience in managing support contracts in terms of organization, quality, risk, scope, cost, information, schedule, technical performance and reporting. You will be managing our Vessel Traffic Management systems and maintaining Customer Relations around the globe.
You are responsible to
- Effectively manage & maintain our Vessel Traffic Management systems;
- Manage Customer requirements, expectations and relations;
- Manage subcontracts, financial control, risk management, quality and planning.
- Schedule and report progress internally in relation to available resources;
- Represent the support team in internal and external progress meetings regarding the overall performance, issues and requirements;
- Work to expand existing contracts by actively seeking change requests/variation orders;
- Develop creative/innovative solutions that address customer needs;
- Perform activities based on applicable policies, guidelines, rules and procedure both internally and those required by customers;
- Contribute to Projects or manage project activities with existing customers;
- Contribute to the development of the Customer support management profession/position;
- Contribute to quotations for national and international customers;
- Support internal research and development projects.
Your skills and experience
- At minimum a Bachelor degree in a relevant subject;
- At least five years of experience as a customer support / maintenance manager, preferably in an international environment;
- Experience in a Hi tech services environment is preferred;
- Proactive and able to manage persons and subcontractors;
- Excellent team player and interpersonal communication skills;
- Analytical thinker, flexible, energetic and creative;
- Basic knowledge of project management processes / methods like IPMA / Prince 2;
- Experience with planning, scheduling, financial control and risk management;
- Ability to travel (approximately 20-30% of your time);
- Communicate (writing) fluently Dutch and English;
- Understanding the Shipping/Vessel Traffic Management market is a plus;
- Dutch residency or work permit / visa;
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Last updated: 25 June 2018 • 09:46