After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we’re proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. With a proven capability of providing high technology solutions to our defence, security and civil aviation customers, we are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
At Saab Australia, we develop everything from combat, communications and security systems to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. If a career designing, developing and integrating high-end systems for a world-class technology organisation sounds like you, then you have come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
As part of our Maritime group, the Data Management Officer is primarily responsible for providing document and data management services for the Maritime division and its projects. The role involves liaising with the Maritime division projects and engineering staff to ensure that data, documentation and media are catalogued, stored and retrievable.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Receiving, registering, controlling and distributing supplier and customer data, documentation and media
- Receiving and dispatching Defence Safe Hand items
- Filing, indexing and retrieving records in support of organisation and project requirements
- Preparing, registering and dispatching data, documentation and media for delivery or archiving
- Implementing and managing configuration item definitions and structures for those work products identified for configuration management.
- Preparing and issuing configuration status account reports.
- Registering, tracking and reporting on the progress of approved configuration changes in work products.
- Assisting in the preparation of Software Releases by preparing status accounts for the released software; e.g. preparation of CIR and preparation of Release Binders as required.
Please note this role is being offered on an initial 12 month fixed term contract.
As an ideal candidate for the role, you will possess
- High level of computer literacy
- Knowledge and experience in soft and hard copy data management within an engineering environment
- Experience in using data management databases to register, control and distribute data, documents and media
- Experience in Library practices relating to organising, indexing, filing and retrieving data, documents and media
- Experience in archiving techniques
- Knowledge of Configuration Management practices
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills, with a strong commitment to teamwork
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We strongly value the contributions made by our employees and in return offer a range of health & wellness programs, incentives for professional and personal development and an industry-leading benefits package. By joining Saab Australia, you will experience a consciously supportive and collaborative culture, where we actively promote flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application by 5 January 2020. You may contact Josh Deane for a copy of the full position description. Please note that due to company Xmas shutdown, applicants will be reviewed from 6 January onwards.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.