What you will be a part of
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions.
The Electonic Warfare (EW) Systems business unit provides world class signal intelligence systems and self protection systems for next generation Gripen and Globaleye. We are now looking for a skilled and high performing leader to head up our Systems Design Department.
You will be responsible for "The Systems Design Department", with four sections to support the EW business growth. You will lead teams with highly skilled system engineers, microwave engineers, specialists and managers.
We believe our cooperative and performance driven working culture, the EW Spirit, is the foundation to our success and contribution to Saab.
You will report to the Head of the EW Engineering and be a part of a high performing and integrated management team who are located in Järfälla, with occasional travelling
As the Department manager of Systems Design you will lead the department with approximately 100 employees and 4 section managers in such a way that we achieve the EW Business unit goals by:
- Working together with your Section Managers and specialists to ensure all deliverables adhere to deadlines, specifications, and budgets.
- Securing the right competences, expertise and balance the number of staff over time.
- Building and leading, distributed global teams.
- Leading the specialist group.
- Providing support to the EW engineering and production departments by troubleshooting critical processes and providing technical expertise.
- Taking an active role in the projects steering groups and Engineering management team.
- Implementing an efficient way of working to secure time to market.
- Developing the products according to the strategies and plans from the Product Areas
- Maintaining an innovative climate with reuse of technology.
- Networking internally and externally to share experiences and bringing in new ideas.
- Driving improvements and leading change.
- Leading technical design authority for EW Systems.
- Defining and executing the Systems Design department organizational development strategies to yield a “best in class” systems engineering teams which meets the EW business needs.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining strong relationships with Engineering peers, internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Setting the vision and strategy for the Systems Design organization to grow the system engineering capabilities and capacity to achieve the goals of EW Systems Business unit.
Your skills and experience
To be successful in this role we believe you have the following qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline or the equivalent working experience
- Leadership experience with 5-10 years experience in project management and/or line management.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills and the ability to work effectively
- Demonstrated inclusive leadership, which embraces diversity.
- Demonstrated expertise in leading teams and delivering results through other leaders and experts.
- A reliable team player with good communications skills.
- Ability to set clear goals and the strategies for reaching them.
- Ability to work with all other department heads and to build your own strong management team.
- Strong decision making ability, leadership skills, and supervisory skills
- Ability to delegate tasks and manage their completion
- Fluent in English and experience from working in an international business environment
This position includes access to classified information, therefore you are required to conduct a security screening in accordance with the Protective Security Act and be approved for security clearance by the authority.
Interviews will be conducted before last date of application so don't wait, apply now!