What you will be part of
At Saab Surveillance U.S. you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, the division is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and U.S. Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Surveillance U.S. division is looking to hire a self-motived, enthusiastic Deputy Manufacturing Program Manager (MPM) with a strong work ethic to work under the direction and guidance of an experienced MPM. The successful candidate will support the MPM in ensuring the program meets, or exceeds, schedule and financial objectives, that all deliverables are fully compliant with customer technical requirements and Saab Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and all milestones and deliverables are completed on schedule.
Responsibilities will increase with experience, and will over time include:
- Development and management of program schedules and budgets
- Collection and reporting of project status (internally and to customer).
- Planning, coordinating and conducting team meetings (including follow up activities), internal and customer program/design reviews.
- Supporting subcontract management, purchasing, and program resource planning
- Ensure compliance with Saab SOPs
- Interfacing with Contracts, Finance, CM, QA, and Purchasing organizations.
- Generating, tracking and maintaining program action items and risks
- Working with Operations to plan and coordinate Manufacturing activities on assigned Projects.
- Gain understanding of Saab core competencies and products
- Become intimately familiar with all Saab program management applicable SOPS and Saab ERP (Oracle based) tools (i.e. finance, procurement, manufacturing)
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Technical or Engineering field
- 1-3 years of professional experience, relevant course work and/ or related company-sponsored training desired
- Some experience in Project Management, Manufacturing Project Management/Operations
- Experience in Cost Accounting and Reporting
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Visio, Excel, Project, PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to multi-task, stay highly organized, with strong time management skills and a constant desire to learn
- Ability to follow-up action items and requests
- Results oriented, quality and improvement focused
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively work both independently and in a team environment, with various levels of people in the organization
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel up to 10% in support of programs
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 06 August 2019 • 12:46