What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Contribute to a safer society while creating a Development Operations environment and honing your skills in virtualization, networking, and scripting. Saab Sensis Corporation employs creative and talented engineers who collaborate on creating advanced sensors, surveillance and safety technologies, airport automation and decision support applications. Your contributions to the development operations environment will enhance the delivery of these products by building, automating, maintaining and scaling software production environments in an internal cloud infrastructure.
You’ll get to demonstrate your passion for technology and your desire to guide the implementation of the cloud based development infrastructure. Your responsibilities will include in the architecture, design, implementation, test and integration of a Development Operations (DevOps) environment based on Openstack and other cloud technologies.
Saab Sensis Corporation is based in Syracuse, NY and is a U.S. subsidiary of the Saab Group, a company whose mission is make society safe and secure. Saab Sensis Corporation serves a global client base including national and international governments and industries in air traffic, airline, and airport operations management. Saab Sensis Corporation solutions are deployed in over 35 countries across 6 continents.
ATM Operating Unit, Saab Sensis Corporation, provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, including Tuition Assistance, cafeteria and Fitness Facility.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems
- 1 -3 years of Linux administration, virtual environment management, or DevOps implementation
- Strong LINUX environment skills including command line and shell scripting tools
- Ability to setup, configure, and maintain Virtualized environments (Openstack, QEMU/KVM, or VMWare)
- Ability to setup, configure, and maintain tools such as Jenkins, Git, Gradle, Maven and SVN.
- Working knowledge of at least one common scripting language (Python, Bash)
- Familiarity with programming languages like Java, C/C++
- Basic networking skills
- Commitment to sound software engineering practices, outstanding problem-solving skills, and the ability to work well in dynamic environment
Security Clearance Required? No
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.