After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we are proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. With a proven capability of providing high technology solutions to our defence, security and civil aviation customers, we are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
At Saab Australia, we develop everything from combat, communications and security systems to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. If a career designing, developing and integrating high-end systems sounds like you, then you have come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
As part of our Corporate group and integrated into our product and project teams, the DevOps Engineer will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s DevOps function. They will support the development tools, applications, systems and infrastructure used throughout the development life cycle.
- Develop creative and innovative solutions in support of the development objectives
- Provide application and system support to the software development teams
- Maintain the integrity and smooth operation of the development environment
- Coordinate the setup and configuration of applications/technologies that support the development effort.
Please note occasional after hours work will be required for meetings with Saab’s global partners.
Their experience/knowledge will include:
- Working directly within a DevOps team
- On premise application deployment and release management
- Unix/Linux technologies, such as
- Debian, Centos and Red Hat operating systems and
- Configuration management tools, such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Technologies, such as:
- Atlassian toolsets Jira, Fisheye, Crucible, BitBucket, etc.)
- Jenkins and
- Docker containerisation.
- One or more scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl, PowerShell, Bash).
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We strongly value the contributions made by our employees and in return offer a range of health & wellness programs, incentives for professional and personal development and an industry-leading benefits package. By joining Saab Australia, you will experience a consciously supportive and collaborative culture, where we actively promote flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact Toby Williamson for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.