After over 30 years of successful operations in the Australian market, we are proud of our achievements at Saab Australia. With a proven capability of providing high technology solutions to our defence, security and civil aviation customers, we are now seeking our employees of tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head toward our next innovative chapter.
At Saab Australia, we develop everything from combat, communications and security systems to mixed reality and cyber security solutions. If a career designing, developing and integrating high-end systems sounds like you, then you have come to the right place. We develop technology that pushes boundaries and breaks conventions to keep people and society safe.
As part of our Corporate group, the DevOps Team Leader will play a key role in furthering the development of Saab’s DevOps function. Reporting to the ICT Operations Manager, the DevOps Team Leader is a hands-on leadership role, responsible for planning, tasking and coordinating the day-to-day activities of the DevOps team to achieve objectives and deliverables as set by ICT management and Saab’s product and project teams.
- Coordinate, supervise and support the DevOps team’s day-to-day duties
- Plan, schedule and prioritise tasks so that the DevOps team meets its deadlines
- Provide hands-on application and system support to Saab’s software development teams
- Liaise with ICT and project teams to coordinate the setup and configuration of applications
- Facilitate the development of the team.
Please note occasional after hours work will be required for meetings with global partners.
Their experience/knowledge will include:
- Working directly within a DevOps team
- Supervisor or team leadership experience
- On-premise application deployment and release management
- Unix/Linux technologies, such as:
- Debian, Centos and Red Hat operating systems
- Configuration management tools, such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Virtualisation technologies (preferably VMWare)
- Systems engineering and support technologies, such as the Atlassian tool suite, Jenkins, IBM Rational DOORS and Docker containerisation
- One or more scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl, PowerShell, Bash)
- Applied understanding of information security
- The ability to develop creative and innovative solutions.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We now employ over 500 Australians and take great pride in offering a fresh and vibrant workplace, long-term careers and the opportunity to design and develop outstanding solutions for our ever-expanding customer base.
We strongly value the contributions made by our employees and in return offer a range of health & wellness programs, incentives for professional and personal development and an industry-leading benefits package. By joining Saab Australia, you will experience a consciously supportive and collaborative culture, where we actively promote flexibility and a healthy work-life balance.
Click ‘Apply’ to submit your CV and cover letter in support of your application. You may contact Toby Williamson for a copy of the full position description.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families.