What you will be part of
At Saab Sensor Systems you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and US Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems Division is seeking highly motivated Digital Design Engineers to participate in the design, development and fabrication of next-generation radar surveillance systems.
The position involves:
- Working within teams to implement solutions in leading edge technology (including field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), system on a chip (SoC) devices, microcontrollers, high bandwidth memories, and high speed communication interfaces)
- Participating in internal technical meetings and peer design reviews
- Using your experience to work as part of team to contribute to process improvements
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering (or similar)
- 3+ years of hardware development experience (Or 1+ years if MA/MS).
- Ability to read, understand, and evaluate schematics
- Experience with FPGA devices (e.g. Intel/Altera, Xilinx)
- Experience with hardware description languages (VHDL, Verilog)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with SoC devices
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing applications
- Experience with developing for Military Applications
- Experience with issue and project tracking tools (eg. Atlassian JIRA)
- Must hold or be able to obtain US DoD SECRET security clearance
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 22 March 2018 • 15:01