What you will be part of
Air Traffic Management (ATM) is a Saab Product Area that designs, installs, tests, and supports equipment used to provide Air Traffic Control services around the world. The ATM organization is actively deploying and supporting systems around the world. Our team consists of people in Syracuse, New York; Apeldoorn, Holland; and two locations in Sweden.
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
The primary function of the Director of Finance is to support the Head of Air Traffic Management (ATM) Product Area in all financial matters and to provide input regarding growth strategies and profitable business execution. The Director of Finance is expected to:
- Provide financial guidance and control
- Participate in core business process decisions as appropriate
- Manage and lead the finance team, which consists of personnel in Syracuse, New York; Apeldoorn, Holland; and Vaxjo, Sweden.
- Monitor financial status of ATM projects; providing early warning of issues, identifying areas for improvement, and quantifying impact to results
- Interface with Saab Treasury, Group Tax & Trade Finance for international proposals to ensure hedging, guarantees and relevant tax costs are included in bids.
- Work with Saab Group Tax, tax consultants and other Saab entities on various domestic and international tax submissions, provide appropriate documentation and ensure we are compliant with tax regulations.
- Interface with external auditors for financial & contract quarterly audits Generating Generate the Monthly Internal Control & Self-Assessment reports audits for the Saab ATM Product Area
- Coordinate and consolidate the forecasts & Budgets across the multiple legal entities that make up the Saab ATM Product Area; provide updates to senior management
- Analyze, report and implement impacts of Accounting changes (IFRS 15 & 16)
- Ensure income statement and balance sheets for US entity are properly stated and are consistent with US GAAP and IFRS standards.
- Ensure project financial information properly reflects anticipated margins.
- Accurately prepare, package, report, and present financial results
- Monitor past due receivables and cash flow; recommend actions for improvement
- Agree upon US Forward Pricing Rates (direct and indirect) with the US Government annually; these rates are used when proposing new business and recording actual costs.
- Ensure consistent transfer pricing practices are used across Saab entities
- Work with ATM business leaders to identify financial risks associated with bids and projects
- Work with ATM business leaders to identify associated risk mitigation strategies for bids and projects
- Serve as a member of the ATM leadership team
This position will be located at our Syracuse, NY office.
Your skills and experience
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or other financial discipline
- At least 20 years of Financial experience
- At least 5 years of experience managing a team with responsibility for career development, compensation planning and talent management
- International experience dealing with and understanding the impact foreign currency, international tax law and commercial risk
- Experience with US Government contracts and the associated requirements for Cost Accounting Standards, Earned Value and accounting for typical cost-reimbursable contracts is a plus
- Willingness to travel internationally
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, cafeteria and a fitness facility.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.