What you will be part of
Market Area Europe (MA EUROPE) covers all European countries, including the Nordic and Baltic countries and is part of the global Saab AB marketing organisation. The head office for MA EUROPE is in London and we have 7 Country Units (CU) covering the main CU Head Office, satellite offices, focus and prospect countries. The Country Unit Offices are Finland, France & Benelux, Northern Europe, Poland & Baltics, Central & Eastern Europe, Southern Europe and the UK.
Country Unit France & Benelux (CU F&B) covers four countries (France, Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxemburg). The head office is in Paris with satellite offices in Brussels and Apeldoorn.
We are now looking for a Marketing & Sales Director for France in Country Unit France & Benelux, focusing on the French defence and security market, based in Paris, France. You will be reporting to the Head of Sales for France.
The candidate has a vast experience from working within the French Ministry of Defence or one of its agencies such as the French Defence procurement and technology agency (DGA), and/or the French defence industry, alternatively a background within the French armed forces. The candidate brings a extensive network and know-how of the French defence governmental and industrial markets, ideally within Land, Air and Naval domains and is able to independently identify, pursue and drive business opportunities within the French market. The candidate will focus on working locally in France towards Governmental customers, including travelling in France, as liaison with Saab’s Business Areas and Business Units In Sweden will to a large extent be handled by a dedicated function within the Country Unit.
- Operate marketing and sales campaigns in France for Saab products and services.
- Bring and develop high added-value network in the French defence ecosystem.
- Deliver Order Intake and gross margin in accordance with set budget of CU F&B for France.
- Drive business from Prospects to Order Intake
- Responsibility for supporting the executing of the Saab Winning Business (WB) process and to participate in WB Market Appraisal driven by CU F&B.
- Travel within France as well as occasional travelling within other parts of MA Europe.
- Represent Saab CU F&B in defence exhibitions, conferences, official gatherings etc.
Your experiences and skills
- Academic, military or other relevant education.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience from the French governmental customer (DGA), a French defence industrial company alternatively the French armed forces.
- Experience from successful marketing and sales is an advantage.
- Entrepreneurial in spirit, creative, understands relationship selling, and has a high degree of technical savvy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the capability to build long lasting business relationships.
- Negotiation experience.
- Good understanding of and knowledge regarding business processes and customer relationship management (CRM) tools (e.g. Lime).
- Have strong project management skills with a capability to drive and convert prospects and projects to Order Intake.
- Service-minded, flexible and able to work under pressure within tight deadlines and able to maintain a high quality.
- Excellent communicator, able to present professional and compelling presentations, documents and proposals in French and English, other languages are desirable.
As a candidate you should have an outgoing personality with very good marketing, sales and communication skills, tenacity and high drive. The role requires an independent-minded person, able to identify and pursue business opportunities, but also willing to contribute as part of a wider team. You are committed to delivering high quality and meeting deadlines in a fast moving international environment where decisions are followed by prompt action. You are able to meet expectations and enjoy taking ownership and responsibility. Your analytical and communication skills enable you to keep focus on and to deal with several complex issues simultaneously.
Applications will be assessed continuously.
Last updated: 27 July 2018 • 12:46