What you will be part of
At Saab Surveillance U.S. you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, the division is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and U.S. Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Surveillance U.S. Division is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented Director of Manufacturing. The Director of Manufacturing reports to the General Manager, and is responsible for the entirety of manufacturing operations within the Surveillance U.S. business unit in East Syracuse, NY. Responsibilities will include:
- Establish and maintain the Manufacturing Capital Budget
- Attract and retain the production staff necessary to achieve strategic business objectives and operating goals. This includes the Manufacturing Functional Management staff, appropriate distribution of skills and capacity across the Manufacturing organization, and continuously monitoring and reconciling head counts with the operating budget.
- Establish and maintain an environment of execution discipline and continuous learning.
- Continuously evaluate and evolve Manufacturing SOPs to improve performance.
- Establish and maintain relationships with counterparts in Saab Surveillance (Sweden).
- Provide consistent leadership to staff to ensure effective and efficient execution of assigned tasks and initiatives.
- Monitor and guide team to achieve delivery of distinctively high quality products and services; to include performance, reliability, cost and on-time delivery.
- Maintain and manage the overhead (common) inventory.
- Maintain and manage Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) and Customer Furnished Equipment (CFE).
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, or related field. Master's degree in business, engineering or related field preferred - MBA desirable.
- 15+ years of progressive leadership experience with proven track record of success in leading mid to large functional organizations.
- Knowledge of DoD acquisition process and customer requirements.
- Forecast resource requirements (people, money & assets) in order to meet business objectives.
- Ability to contribute to the development strategy and lead strategic initiatives in support of functional and business objectives.
- Experience measuring team and process performance through the definition and use of appropriate metrics.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% in support of program and business development efforts.
- Capable of obtaining a Secret level clearance.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 15 October 2019 • 15:16