As the Director of Procurement you demonstrate a very high level of business acumen and accountability for delivering according to your commitments. The position is based in Linköping, Sweden but travel is required.
You are a highly skilled leader with proven track-record regarding both What and How, and have the ability, commitment and aspiration to take on bigger and more complex challenges within Saab. You have experience from doing business and/or negotiations in an international environment.
You have experience from leading operations with profit/loss responsibility and/or experience from execution as a programme/project manager.
More specifically, the role includes:
- Overall responsibility for the department’s procurement performance including supplier assessment and negotiations
- Strategic and financial planning as well as forecasting
- Responsibility for implementation of procurement strategies
- Competence development and resource planning
To be successful in this role, we expect you to demonstrate a very strong drive, collaboration skills, professionalism, commitment and ability to motivate and enthusiasm your employees. More specific you:
- Have experience from international business negotiations and/or programme/project execution
- Deliver on promises
- Have the ability to create and implement strategies
- Have experience from financial management and control
- Execute leadership in an inclusive manner and promote diversity
- Have a high degree of personal maturity with good judgement and high ethics
- Have a proven track-record regarding both What and How
- Have a Master of Science degree or an adequate academic education as well as professional experience
- Have excellent skills in both spoken and written Swedish and English.
This position requires that you will be approved in a security screening in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act.
We apply continuous selection during this process so don't hesitate in forwarding your application! We welcome your application in both English and Swedish.
What you will be a part of
Dynamics, a business area within the Saab concern, offers support weapons, missiles, torpedoes, unmanned underwater vehicles and camouflage systems to the defense market. The role is responsible for a departement mainly working with strategic sourcing and order and expedite. The position is part of the Procurement management team at Saab Dynamics. The department is located in Linköping and handles a wide field of product supply for missiles, underwater and ground combat products.
We apply ongoing selection for this recruitment which means that the position may be filled prior to the job ads expiration date. If you feel confident that you match the profile described above - please forward you application as soon as possible.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging setting, Saab may well have the conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.