What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Sensor Systems is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented Director, Program Management, responsible for the profitable growth of its Post Delivery business and focused on supporting deployed Saab systems and subsystems. This divisional leadership role requires experience with developing aftermarket strategies to maintain fielded systems and growing an organization that is positioned to deal with significant growth in sustainment activities. The Director will lead and provide functional management for the program execution staff, identification and pursuit of significant new business opportunities, and interfacing across disciplines and departments to achieve business objectives.
The role will require the development of a plan to recommend ongoing spares inventories for each of the core Sensor Systems products, capital expenditures to support continued maintenance and upgrades, and technical service staffing levels to support field operations. The candidate must have demonstrated experience with the maintenance of large scale, complex radar systems and the customer communities that are responsible for the operational availability. The preferred candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of military or commercial radar systems, markets, and technologies through several years of working in this domain.
- Profit and Loss (P&L) accountability for cost, schedule and technical performance of assigned Program portfolios.
- Establish and control program budgets that are aligned with program needs.
- Ensure all projects within assigned program are managed and executed within approved program management processes.
- Make personnel recommendations in support of business objectives.
- Drive Earned Value Management principles and initiatives within the business and use EVMS to report program status internally and externally.
- Oversee profitable growth of the program segment.
- Work closely with Sales and Product Management personnel to maintain institutional knowledge of the competitive landscape in the assigned market segment.
- Develop high quality competitive proposals that facilitate achievement of business segment objectives.
- Collaborate with all functions within Sensor Systems to leverage program execution and capture strategies and resources through the design and manufacturing phases of the programs in the portfolio.
- Grow relationships in the customer community and with large industry primes to service existing programs and find new and unique ways to deploy our technology and services to meet customer needs.
- Provide consistent leadership to the program execution staff to ensure effective and efficient execution of assigned programs.
- Monitor and guide multiple junior program managers to achieve delivery of distinctively high quality products and services; to include performance, reliability, cost and on-time delivery.
- Contribute to the development and retention of program management talent.
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in business or related engineering discipline, MBA preferred.
- 15+ years Program Management experience, with emphasis on support and sustainment programs.
- 10+ years People Management experience, directly or indirectly leading organizations of 10 or more individuals.
- Demonstrated track record leading large scale aerospace and defense business capture efforts.
- Extensive experience successfully negotiating multi-million dollar agreements with large Aerospace and Defense customers.
- 10+ years of Defense/Aerospace Industry Experience in Engineering, Business or related discipline
- Possesses advanced knowledge of program management standards and best practices (scheduling, cost accounting, EVMS, Risk/Opportunity management)
- Ability to contribute to the development strategy and lead strategic initiatives in support of functional and business objectives.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel (International and Domestic) up to 25% in support of program and business development efforts
- Capable of obtaining a Secret level clearance
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 14 March 2018 • 13:46