What you will be part of
Aviation stakeholders face a greater number of challenges and more complex demands than ever before. At Saab Air Traffic Management (ATM), we continually find new ways to address these challenges and enable safe, predictable, and efficient operations. We go beyond existing solutions, pioneering new ideas and helping to set industry standards.
Saab ATM’s expertise spans operations, surveillance sensors, ATC automation, collaborative decision making, and digital towers. Our solutions are trusted by air navigation service providers, airports and airlines at over 100 locations in more than 45 countries. As a global leading partner and provider of proven ATM solutions and services, we transform operations, turning innovative ideas into reality and supporting stakeholders from solution conception through long-term support.
Saab’s Product Area Air Traffic Management (ATM) is one of three product areas in Business Unit Traffic Management, which is in Business Area Industrial Products and Services. ATM is a provider of systems and services that increase the safety, efficiency and capacity of the world’s air traffic control systems. ATM has customers in over 40 countries and has a team located in United States, Sweden, and The Netherlands. ATM is divided into four business segments; 1) FAA Programs, 2) Automation & Surveillance Programs, 3) CDM&E Programs and 4) ATM Sweden. Each of these segments has responsibilities in the area of System Development and Customer Project Delivery.
The Business Operations of the 4 segments include the necessary Program Management and Engineering resources necessary to develop product and deliver customer projects. The segments also rely upon an infrastructure in ATM that provides resources across the segments. These include:
- Manufacturing (assembly of finished product)
- Product Test
- Receiving/Stock Room
- Field Engineering
- Office & Building Management
- Export Control
- Information Technology
- Emergency & Medical Response Team
- Travel Program
The scope of these functions is specific to the Syracuse, NY location.
The Director of ATM Operations has the following responsibilities and tasks for the areas listed above:
- Establish a yearly operating budget (updated quarterly) which includes all facets of the Operations including cost estimates and investments required to provide the services required.
- Build, lead and manage a team to execute the Operations. Currently, the team is approximately 30 Full-time employees.
- Ensure the successful and timely delivery of all above services to ATM while staying within budget.
- Work closely with Segment leads and their teams to ensure that all necessary services are provided at a high quality level
- Ensure that necessary Safety Training is provided and that employees remain certified, as necessary
- For those services that are provided by other parts of Saab, act as an advocate for ATM ensuring that our service is provided with sufficient quality and priority.
- Lead business initiatives as directed by the Head of ATM
- Drive for continuous improvement in a collaborative fashion
- Sit on the ATM Leadership Team which requires occasional meetings and ATM-wide project initiatives that are above and beyond the responsibilities identified above.
Saab ATM, provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, including Tuition Assistance, cafeteria and Fitness Facility.
Your skills and experience
A successful candidate will have some combination of the following skills & experience:
- Successful experience leading a cross-functional team
- Strong team player with a broad perspective and willingness to take on work beyond defined work scope
- Demonstrated track record working in one or more of the areas mentioned above
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to provide a service to internal stakeholders
- Ability to lead complex projects across the Organization
- Experience in Facility Management and improvement
- Experience managing Information Technology personnel
- Experience with establishing and meeting annual budgets in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience with the Export and Import process for goods specifically controlled by the Department of Commerce
- Experience and comfort speaking, writing and listening in English, the language of ATM
- Experience working within an ERP system and familiarity with Oracle is a plus.
- Experience with the aviation or Air Traffic Management domain is not required, but is a significant plus.
Must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder), or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.