What you will be part of
At Saab Surveillance U.S. you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, the division is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and U.S. Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Surveillance U.S. Division is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented leader to fill the role of Director, Technical Operations. The Director of Tech Ops reports to the VP & General Manager of Surveillance U.S., and collaborates with other members of the Division’s Leadership Team to:
- Define strategic business objectives.
- Develop tactical plans to meet yearly operating goals for the business including but not limited to orders, revenue, and earnings targets.
- Optimize resource allocation to meet business execution needs.
- Contribute to the strategic development and maintenance of the Division’s technical roadmap and 5-year plan.
In addition to the collaborative Leadership Team responsibilities identified above, other primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establish and maintain the Division’s annual Capital Budget.
- Attract and retain the technical staff necessary to achieve strategic business objectives and operating goals. This includes the Engineering Functional Management staff, appropriate distribution of skills and technical capacity across the Tech Ops organization, and continuously monitoring and reconciling head counts with the operating budget.
- Establish and maintain an environment of continuous learning.
- Continuously evaluate and evolve Tech Ops SOPs to improve performance.
- Establish and maintain relationships with counterparts in Saab Surveillance (Sweden).
- Provide consistent leadership to the staff to ensure effective and efficient execution of assigned tasks and initiatives.
- Monitor and guide team to achieve delivery of distinctively high quality products and services; to include performance, reliability, cost and on-time delivery.
- Develop and implement a successful business growth strategy within their assigned segment(s) including the recommendation and execution of IRAD plans to support long-term business objectives.
- Participate in and develop collaborative research and development opportunities with named academic institutions and DoD research organizations.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, math, science or related field. Master's degree in business or engineering or related field preferred, MBA desirable.
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience with proven track record of success in leading mid to large functional and/or program organizations.
- Program management experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of DoD acquisition process and customer requirements.
- Demonstrated track record leading large scale aerospace and defense business capture efforts.
- Ability to contribute to the development strategy and lead strategic initiatives in support of functional and business objectives.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% in support of program and business development efforts.
- Capable of obtaining a Secret level clearance.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 07 June 2019 • 15:01