What you will be part of
At Saab Surveillance U.S. you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters career development, collaboration and support at all levels. A business unit of Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, the division is focused on the design, development, integration, test, deployment, and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems, primarily for industry partners and U.S. Government agencies. Headquartered in Syracuse, NY, we also offer opportunities to work from locations in Florida, North Carolina and Virginia. Saab provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Surveillance U.S. Division is seeking a detail-oriented, experienced Document Control Specialist. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs change specialist I, II, and III functions per CM2 methodology.
- Facilitate enterprise item releases and change requests.
- Facilitate Configuration Control Board reviews.
- Establish and maintain product data structures in various CM tools.
- Perform configuration status accounting and configuration audits.
- Ensure conformance to applicable company and industry CM processes / standards.
- Advisor of the CM processes and standards to internal users at the Surveillance U.S. Division. These processes include (but not limited to) the release of new items, BOM and item master files, design change requests, design change control. Accurate incorporation of all releases and changes into the item masters after release.
- Familiarity with CDRL (Contract Data Requirements List), SDRL (Subcontract Data Requirements List), and DAL (Data Accession List).
- Participate in improvements to the existing CM process.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma minimum. Continuing education/ CM course work/ some college course work preferred.
- 3+ years of combined relevant experience in Hardware CM, Software CM, Document/ Data Management, or Engineering Change Management.
- Prior experience with ERP tools; Oracle preferred.
- CM2 certification or equivalent; experience and a willingness to pursue certification acceptable.
- Ability to maintain quality of the CM data stores.
- Must have or be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to meet objectives, as well as work with some level of independence.
- Demonstrate logical and creative problem solving techniques; must be self-motivated with excellent attention to detail.
- Possess superior interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Excellent Time and Priority Management skills essential; ability to recognize urgent items and take action essential.
- A willingness to learn.
- Prior experience with documentation management, change control management, data management, reconfiguration, baselining, data management, and other relevant CM processes.
- Familiar with EIA-649, EIA-649-1, MIL-HDBK-61A, MIL-STD-973, ISO, and CMMI.
- Familiar with Atlassian JIRA tools.
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, disability status, or any other federal, state, or locally protected category.
Last updated: 08 August 2019 • 15:31